Every six years EGCS goes through a WASC accreditation process. This is extremely important for EGCS, not just due to the WASC accreditation itself, but it is also a great opportunity for us to see the progress and accomplishments we have made and also examine the areas of improvement that we need as a school.
What is WASC?
- The Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC), a world-renowned accrediting association and one of the six regional accrediting agencies in the United States, works closely with the Office of Overseas Schools under the U.S. Department of State. ACS WASC provides assistance to schools worldwide, primarily in California, Hawaii, Guam, Asia, the Pacific Region, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
ACS WASC Philosophy:
- The philosophy of the Accrediting Commission for Schools centers upon three beliefs: (1) a school’s goal is successful student learning; (2) each school has a clear purpose and school-wide student goals; and (3) a school engages in external and internal evaluations as part of continued school improvement to support student learning.
- Assures a school community that the school’s purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable education program — a trustworthy institution for student learning
- Validates the integrity of the school’s program and transcripts
- Facilitates transfer of credits to other English-speaking schools — critical for college/university acceptance worldwide
- Fosters the ongoing improvement of the school’s programs and operations to support student learning
- Provides valuable insight from fellow educators visiting the school
- Benefits schools that choose joint accreditation or other collaborative processes
At EGCS, our entire community has a role in the WASC self-study process, from staff members, to students, to parents, and community members. If you are interested in learning more about WASC or join us during our self-study process, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our School
- General Info
- District Resources